Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ugh!

So, my husband Shawn and I have been looking for a place to rent after our house fell through. Well, I just had to put my buddy, Gabe down last week, and I was going to wait 6 months to get another dog...but I can't! I am a HUGE animal lover, especially dogs. I've had one my whole life. And after spending a couple hours last Sunday at home by myself (crying) missing my dog, I went to the Humane Society. I found this little beagle I loved named Lucas, but he had just had surgery and they weren't sure if the cyst would come back and I can't afford that.

Anyway to make a long story...shorter :) I'm going to adopt a rescued pit-bull. Ya know how hard it is to find a place that'll accept a pit? Pretty much impossible!! So, not only are they the most mistreated ,and misunderstood breed..they are also the most discriminated against! Did you know that 75% of pit-bulls in shelters are killed? Probably because of the bull**** rap the have and the fact they are banned in entire cities!!! It's all made me that much more determined to have pits and do everything I can to change the publics opinion of these wonderful, loving animals that need our help! Talk to ya soon! ~ Stercraze

No comments: